Frequently Asked Questions

This requirement is mandated by the Federal “Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996” and Section 30-3-194 of the Code of Alabama, 1975. If your Social Security card requires INS Authorization or DHS Authorization, you must also send a copy of your Permanent Resident card or Naturalization or other permission to work.

A print-out from the Social Security Administration is unacceptable. You must send a copy of your actual Social Security card.