Current Board Members
|District I*||Vacant (Cosmetologist OR Manicurist)|
|District II*||Mr. Daniel Powers, Secretary/Treasurer
|429 S. Oates St.
Dothan, AL 36301
|firstname.lastname@example.org||(334) 350-7887||term expires 4/17/2024|
|District III*||Mr. General Jackson (Barber)||416 West 15 Street, Anniston, AL email@example.com||(256) 310-2609||term expires 11/24/2021 (serve until filled)|
|District IV*||Ms. Misty Garrison (Cosmetologist)||5465 Alexander Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL firstname.lastname@example.org||(205) 887-3832||term expires 5/18/2026|
|District V*||Ms. Kathy Linden, Vice-Chair
|1403 Chandler Road, Huntsville, AL email@example.com||(256) 881-2818||term expires 4/9/2026|
|District VI*||Vacant (Cosmetologist OR Manicurist)|
|District VII*||Ms. Michelle Callahan-Alvis
Investigative Committee Member
|3800 James Hill Circle, Hoover, AL firstname.lastname@example.org||(205) 789-8740||term expires 4/17/2020 (serve until filled)|
*see list of counties in each district below
|January 23||April 17||July 17||October 16|
Board meetings are held in the RSA Union Building, 100 North Union Street, Room 300, Montgomery, Alabama 36104. All meeting times are at 10:00 a.m.
Our board meetings are open to the public. All are welcome to attend. If you wish to address the Board, please submit a written request to the Board Office at least 5 days before the Board meeting is scheduled. Please include your name, contact number(s) and reason for addressing the Board.
How To Become a Board Member
All Board Members are appointed by the Governor. If interested in becoming a Board Member, please send your resume to the Governor and request consideration as a Board Member by visiting the Governor's board vacancies website.
The membership of the board is composed of the following: Two actively licensed cosmetologists, two actively licensed Class 2 barbers, one actively licensed esthetician, one actively licensed manicurist, and one consumer representative. All licensed positions must have held their license for at least five years before appointment to the Board.
One member shall be appointed from each congressional district, as those districts are constituted on August 1, 2013, and shall reside in the district he or she represents during the entire term of office. The member of the board shall be inclusive and reflect the racial, gender, geographic, urban/rural, and economic diversity of the state.
Board districts are based off the House District maps as of August 1, 2013. Click here to return to the list of board members.
- District I: Mobile, Baldwin, Monroe, and Washington counties, and portions of Escambia county.
- District II: Conecuh, Butler, Autauga, Elmore, Crenshaw, Covington, Coffee, Dale, Geneva, Pike, Houston, Henry, Barbour, Bullock counties, and portions of Montgomery and Escambia counties.
- District III: Cherokee, St. Clair, Calhoun, Cleburne, Talladega, Clay, Randolph, Coosa, Tallapoosa, Chambers, Lee, Macon, and Russell counties, and portions of Chilton county.
- District IV: Colbert, Franklin, Lawrence, Marion, Lamar, Winston, Fayette, Walker, Cullman, Marshall, Etowah, Dekalb, and portions of Tuscaloosa and Lauderdale counties.
- District V: Limestone, Morgan, Madison, Jackson, and portions of Lauderdale county.
- District VI: Blount, Shelby, Bibb, and portions of Jefferson and Chilton counties.
- District VII: Pickens, Sumter, Greene, Hale, Perry, Marengo, Dallas, Lowndes, Wilcox, Choctaw, and Clarke counties, and portions of Montgomery, Tuscaloosa, and Jefferson counties.